1. Can I rent a handgun at KYGUNCO?
Yes, provided you are 21 yrs. of age or older and are legally allowed to own a handgun (for shotguns & rifles you must be 18 or older). Feel free to bring a friend or family member with you to enjoy the shooting sports together.
2. How much does a handgun cost to rent?
$10 for the 1strental, $5 for each additional handgun rental, that day, plus the cost of ammo. Ammunition for all rental guns must be purchased at KYGUNCO at the time of rental due to insurance regulations.
3. Can I shoot a muzzleloader?
No. Due to fire hazard and safety issues we do not allow black powder, black powder substitutes or smokeless powder muzzleloaders to be shot on our ranges.
4. Can I use my own ammunition on your Indoor Range?
You may use your own ammunition, as long as you are using your firearm and not a rental. However, even if you are using your own firearm, you may not use your own ammunition if it has a steel case or a steel core (if it sticks to a magnet, it is not allowed). Also, you may not use tracer rounds, incendiary rounds or armor piercing ammo.
5. Do I need I.D. to shoot on your range?
Yes, you must have a valid photo I.D. or KYGUNCO Member Card in order to go onto the range.
6. I am pregnant. Can I shoot on the indoor range?
Sorry, but for health reasons we do not allow women who are pregnant onto the indoor range.
7. Can I shoot my own suppressed firearm, SBR, or full auto on your range?
Yes. Please notify RSO if you plan to shoot full auto. We also have a wide range of Suppressors, SBRs, and Machine Guns for rental.
8. May I bring my own targets to use on the indoor range?
Yes. All targets need to be paper. Exploding targets, steel targets, etc. will not be allowed on the range. The Range Officers reserve the right to prohibit targets that are deemed to be offensive or unsafe. Use the appropriately sized target that is placed at eye level to ensure that the bullets will enter the bullet trap.
9. Is your indoor range wheelchair accessible?
Yes. Please speak with the Range Officer on duty, to determine where to place your ammo and firearm.
10. Do I need to be a member to shoot at the range?
No. Non-members can purchase range time in 1/2hr and 1hr lots. However our memberships are very beneficial for frequent shooters, and include some member only perks.
11. What is the hours of operation for the range?
12. Do you offer gunsmith/armorer services?
Yes. Gunsmiths are on hand 9-4pm, Monday-Friday. Firearms can be dropped off or picked up anytime the range is open.
13. Do you offer gift cards for range membership and/or range time?
Yes. Gift cards can be purchased anytime for any amount that you desire.